1. Contract for accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between the Kyoto Vacation Rental House Tsumugi Inn (hereinafter referred to as Tsumugi Inn) and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any provisions not provided herein shall be governed by laws/regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
2. Tsumugi Inn does not provide any services other than the accommodation.
Tsumugi Inn may refuse an Accommodation Contract for any of the following reasons:
1. When the request for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
2. Tsumugi Inn is fully booked and no room is available;
3. When Tsumugi Inn is already booked;
4. When the Guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to act in a manner that will contravene the laws or acts against public order or good morals in regard to the accommodation;
5. When the Guest seeking accommodations clearly has infectious communicable disease;
6. When the Guest has requested Tsumugi Inn to assume a special burden;
7. When Tsumugi Inn is unable to provide accommodations due to natural calamities, malfunction in the facilities, or other unavoidable reasons;
8. When the Guest is intoxicated and it is feared that he/she will cause significant inconvenience to the neighborhood or the Guest shows abnormal behavior that may disturb other guests at Tsumugi Inn;
9. When the Guest takes dangerous objects (flammables such as a heater and oils) or materials hazardous to the human body;
10. When the Guest is one to whom Article 11 was applicable in the past;
(Article 11 of the Treaty of Peace with Japan is the provision for war criminals. With regard to war criminals, it is a principle of international law that a judicial decision on a war criminal should become invalid for the future at the same time when the Treaty of Peace comes into force unless otherwise stated in the Treaty of Peace and thus those on whom judgment has not been given should be released. )
1. The Guest who intends to conclude an Accommodation Contract with Tsumugi Inn shall notify Tsumugi Inn of the following particulars;
- Address, name, age, telephone number, gender, nationality, and occupation of the Guest(s)
- Date of arrival and departure
- Other particulars deemed necessary by Tsumugi Inn
2. In the event the Guest requests an extension of the accommodation, such a request shall be accepted only if there is no reservation for the requested day(s) and shall be regarded as for a request for a new Accommodation Contract at the time when the deposit for the accommodation fee is paid.
1. Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when Tsumugi Inn has duly accepted the application as stipulated in Article 3 and confirmed payment of the deposit (25,000 yen: the charge for staying over night) by the date specified by Tsumugi Inn. (Please note that the bank transfer fee shall be charged to you.)
2. The deposit shall first be used to offset the total accommodation charge paid by the Guest, then secondly for cancellation charges, and thirdly for reparations under Article 5 (Cancellation of reservation), and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded.
3. When the Guest fails to pay the deposit (25,000 yen: the charge for staying overnight) by the date designated by Tsumugi inn, the Accommodation Contract shall be invalid.
If the Guest who has a reservation for accommodation cancels the whole or part of the Accommodation Contract, the cancellation charge shall be paid to Tsumugi Inn by the Guest according to the following:
1. As a prescribed cancellation charge, 100%, 100%, 50%, and 30% of the expected accommodation charge shall be paid by the Guest for a cancellation on the day of the reservation, on the day before, two days before, and three to seven days before, respectively.
2. In the case when the Guest fails to appear by 8:00 p.m. of the reservation date without advance notice, or when the Guest does not notify Tsumugi Inn though more than two hours have passed from the scheduled arrival time, the reservation may be regarded as being cancelled by the Guest and shall be dealt with as such.
3. In the case when the number of day(s) that has been reserved is reduced, the cancellation charge shall be paid by the Guest to Tsumugi Inn based on the accommodation charge for one day, irrespective of the reduced number of booked days, according to the rate of the cancellation charge (below).
4. In the case when the said 1 to 3 are proved to be caused due to non-arrival or delay of public transport, or any other reasons for which the expected Guest is not liable, Tsumugi Inn shall not receive the cancellation charge.
|No accommodation||That day||The day before||Two days before||Three to seven days before|
The percentage signifies the cancellation charge to the basic accommodation charge.
In the case when the number of day(s) that has been reserved is reduced, the cancellation charge shall be paid by the Guest to Tsumugi Inn based on the accommodation charge for one day, irrespective of the reduced number of booked days, according to the rate of cancellation charge.
Tsumugi Inn is entitled to cancel a reservation for any of the following reasons unless otherwise specified.
1. When any of Paragraphs 4 to 10 of Article 2 apply
2. When the notification stipulated in Paragraph 1 of Article 3 is not made
3. When the accommodation deposit demanded by Tsumugi Inn is not paid by the due date to Tsumugi Inn
1. The time when the Guest can use our facilities (check-in time) shall be from 3:00 p.m., and the time when the Guest can leave (checkout time) shall be by 11:00 p.m.
2. Tsumugi Inn shall never give an extension beyond 11:00 a.m.
In the case when the Guest stays for two nights or more, he/she can use the facilities all day long during the day except the arrival date and departure date.
With regard to the accommodation charge, the accommodation deposit (accommodation charge for one night: 25,000 yen) shall be paid to the designated bank account (bank transfer) by the date designated by Tsumugi Inn or shall be paid by the method specified by Tsumugi Inn.
When the Guest starts to use the rooms of Tsumugi Inn and does not stay overnight at his/her own discretion, the accommodation charge shall be also paid by the Guest to Tsumugi Inn.
Tsumugi Inn is entitled to refuse the continuation of providing accommodation even during the period of the accommodation contract concluded in the cases as follows:
1. When any of Paragraphs 4 to 10 of Article 2 apply
2. When the Guest has let someone who is not a guest of Tsumugi Inn into the rooms of Tsumugi Inn
3. When the Guest does not follow the Use Regulations established by Tsumugi Inn
1. The liability of Tsumugi Inn for the accommodations shall start at the earlier time of registration of the Guest’s accommodation at Tsumugi Inn or his/her entry onto the premises, and end at the time when the Guest leaves the premises.
2. Tsumugi Inn shall not offer any services other than accommodation.
1. Tsumugi Inn shall not handle any deposited articles.
2. Tsumugi Inn shall not be liable for any loss, breakage, or other damage to goods, cash, or valuables brought onto our premises by the Guest, except for damage caused by intent or gross negligence on the part of Tsumugi Inn.
1. Tsumugi Inn shall not receive and/or keep the baggage and others of the Guest before arrival.
2. When the baggage or the belongings of the Guest are left after checkout, Tsumugi Inn shall keep the article for seven days including the day it is found, and after this period, Tsumugi Inn shall turn it over to the nearest police station if it is valuable; otherwise, the baggage or belongings shall be discarded.
Tsumugi Inn does not have a parking lot for Guests.
A coin-operated parking lot available near Tsumugi Inn is recommended.
1. The key used for Tsumugi Inn is remote control, and one key is provided to the Guest during his/her stay. It shall be returned to Tsumugi Inn at the time of checkout. In the event of loss or damage to the key, the Guest shall pay 13,000 yen as a charge for changing the key.
2. The Guest shall compensate Tsumugi Inn for damage caused through intent or negligence on the part of the Guest.
Any dispute in relation to these Terms and Conditions shall be settled in the Kyoto District Court or Kyoto Summary Court, which has jurisdiction over the location of Tsumugi Inn, according to the laws and regulations of Japan.
Remarks (Method of calculating accommodation charge)
1. The basic accommodation charge the Guest shall pay is a room charge only.
2. The extra charges shall be paid for goods and other services. For the goods the Guest wants to purchase, place an order with our personnel at the time of checkout.
Tsumugi Inn has established the regulations as follows that all guests are required to observe in order to ensure the safety and comfort of other guests. If guests fail to comply with these regulations, Tsumugi Inn reserves the right to discontinue the accommodation contract according to Article 9.
1. No heat source that may cause a fire may be used on the premises.
2. Smoking is prohibited throughout the entire premises.
3. As Tsumugi Inn is located in an ordinary residential district, noise, noisy behaviors, and other loud actions that may disturb others shall be prohibited.
4. To bring into the premise items as follows is prohibited:
- Pets (animals and birds, etc.)
- Something that gives off a significantly bad odor
- Significantly large quantities of goods
- Any ignition sources or inflammable materials such as gunpowder and volatile oil
- Firearms and swords whose possession is unlawful
- Drugs such as marijuana and stimulants
5 Gambling and behavior that may be injurious to public morals shall be prohibited.
6. Invitation of visitors other than the Guest(s) without permission shall be prohibited. (For special cases, please notify our staff.)
7. Moving the equipment and other goods placed on our premises to other places, processing them, taking them out, or using them for any purposes other than their intended uses shall be prohibited.
8. A drunken person shall not be permitted to use a bath.